Street Team Position
The ideal candidates should have at least 1-2 years of customer service experience and/or
direct promotional contact with the general public, excellent interpersonal skills, professional
appearance and demeanor, ability to communicate and interact with potential clients, and
must be able to be flexible with their working schedule (evenings, weekends, and holidays).
The Street Team Member will be promoting information to potential clients regarding 2020
*Part time / possible full time
- 1-2 Years of customer service experience
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
- Excellent professional appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to stand on, or be on feet for at least 8 hours
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (Ability to interact with potential clients)
- Ability to work flexible hours (evening, weekend, and holidays)
- Must have own transportation
- Attention to Detail
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate leads through interaction with potential clientele
- Promote company products through the distribution of company information to
- Greeting the public and potential clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Pass background check
- Ability to walk or stand for an entire shift
Customer Service Rep
- Take customer calls and provide accurate, satisfactory answers to their queries
- De-escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient
assistance and support
- Call clients and customers to inform them about the company’s upcoming
services, events, and academies.
- Guide callers through troubleshooting, navigating the company site or using the
products or services
- Review customer or client accounts or registrations
- Collaborate with other call center professionals to improve customer service
Customer Service Representative skills and qualifications
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Great active listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and rapport building skills
- A patient and empathetic attitude
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments
- Troubleshooting skills, either basic or advanced, depending on the role and
- Computer literacy
- Phone skills, including familiarity with complex or multi-line phone systems
- In-depth knowledge of a company’s products and/or services
- Expertise in the customer service area they focus in, such as accounts, sales,
technical support or another area
- Ability to speak multiple languages, especially those common among callers
Responsibilities and Roles
The primary role of a youth mentor is to develop a personal and positive rapport with a
child, and this involves consistent meetings with the child and ensuring the meeting
times are enjoyable and comfortable. Additionally, mentors should work with the youths
to establish goals. Examples of goals could be making good grades or attending
college. Mentors should assist children in creating life action plans, such as a goal
timeline. Another responsibility for mentors is that they act as a cheerleader, coach and
advocate for children, and mentors should even provide children with resources in the
Mentors must enjoy working with children and must also have a passion for advocating
the success of youth. Qualified mentors are responsible, committed, and they also are
good listeners. Experience working with children and mentors must pass a criminal
background investigation. Also, mentors need to have flexibility in their time to be able
to meet with children on a weekly and consistent basis.
This type pairs one mentor with one mentee. It allows for the two to develop a personal relationship in which the mentor is able to provide individual guidance and support to the mentee.
It focuses on aggressive outreach to reconnect students on their academic journey. We employ several outreach strategies to assist students to succeed in their academics and in life. Mentors outreach and build rapport with students to earn their trust and ensure their academic progress. With declining enrollment nationally and with distance learning models becoming more prevalent, we believe RES’Q is an essential program that would assist districts to provide quality education and services to their students and families.
Benefits of program: increases graduation rates and decreases dropout. It increases attendance and decreases absenteeism and truancy. RES’Q increases ADA, student productivity, and supports distance learning models. RES’Q provides academic mentoring and connective and navigation services.
It focuses on gathering a group of mentees who share particular passions or skills in an area such as sports or gardening. There is an exchange of ideas and a deepening of understanding and skill around these topics.
Connect is a socio-emotional and mentoring program that exists to transform the lives of urban youth. Overall, we provide youth with a positive, safe space on and off campus to come, connect, lead and grow. This is accomplished through weekly events, small group clusters, 6-week individualized one-on-one mentoring, and meaningful activities on school sites.
Benefits of the program:
- Building healthy Long term and personal relationships
- Positive atmosphere both on and off campus
- 1 on 1 mentoring
- Life guidance support
- Develop social skills
- Character development
- Opportunity in personal growth and leadership
- Offers key life skills
- A chance for new experiences
- Intimate setting
- Weekly activities
Our group mentoring occurs during our On-Point circles, connect nights, conferences, and assemblies. Although structured as a group, learning is individual and each mentee works on his or her own unique learning needs and development goals.
2020 utilizes restorative practices that develop character, leadership, and social-emotional skills to improve the students holistically. Through quality mentorship and a creative curriculum, We provide a safe/brave space for meaningful conversations, facilitated in groups, one-on-ones, and in-class support. Sessions include, but are not limited to: engaging discussions, quick activities, journaling, and wellness check-ins.
* Positively improves student behavior
* Decreases student suspension, absenteeism, and truancy
* Social-Emotional Support
* Create Measurable Goals
* Positive Decision Making
* Leadership Development
* Character/Confidence Building
* Improves Academic Engagement
* Campus Climate and Culture
Youth & Young adult volunteer & Work Program
This Program offers services and aid designed to help you succeed in your employment journey. Primary services include assisting/coaching youth to identify job opportunities, fill out job applications, build resumés, and write cover letters. We also provide job training and retention classes, preparing for interviews, and advocacy. Secondary services include life skills workshops, vital document acquisition, goal-setting, trade certifications, opening checking and savings accounts, and financial literacy and budgeting workshops. 2020 offers community service and volunteering opportunities, work experience opportunities, income tax filing, transportation to work, and support in acquiring transportation.
Benefits of the program: Successful program completion sets the foundation for youth to enter the workforce. Also helps enrich the local economy by encouraging youth to seek employment with local businesses. Our program also serves as an after-school program, connecting youth with professional role models that serve as an introductory resource to the professional world.